Settings & Troubleshooting
To open the Settings dialog, click on on the top right of your screen. Currently, the following settings are available:
- Show Gremlin Step Documentation On Editor Side: If enabled, whilst writing a query in the query editor, autocomplete suggestions will be complemented with the corresponding Apache TinkerPop™ documentation as found on https://tinkerpop.apache.org/docs/current/reference/#graph-traversal-steps.
- Show Warning Before Executing Query using Drop Step: When executing a query resulting in the deletion of elements in your graph, displays a warning prompt to confirm that you want to proceed.
- Code Editor Font Size: The font size in pixel of the Gremlin query editor
- Enable Query Editor Smart Autocomplete: Enabled by default, determines if autocomplete suggestions should be shown whilst typing a query. If disabled, the Gremlin Step Documentation on the editor's side will also not show.
Gremlint settings affect the behaviour of the format button in the Query Editor. The following settings are available:
- Place Dots After Line Break: Determines whether to break between steps before or after the dot
- Indentation: Determines the length of indentation to be used in formatting, where indentation unit is a space
- Max Line Length: Determines the maximum allowed length of a line before breaking it
- Enable Dark Mode: Allows toggling between "dark" and "light" modes for the user interface.
- Logging Level: Allows specifying the logging level in place. For more information on logging, see the Troubleshooting section below.
G.V() collects log data based on the Logging Level specified above for troubleshooting purposes. The logs are not sent anywhere outside of your device, but may be useful for the purpose of investigation in case of any unexpected issue occuring during use of the software. The logs will be stored at the following locations, depending on your operating system:
- Windows: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\gdotv\logs\main.log
- macOS: ~/Library/Logs/gdotv/main.log
- Linux: ~/.config/gdotv/logs/main.log
If you encounter issues whilst using G.V(), please email email@example.com.